Sunday

Inspiration

After attending the National Middle School Association's middle school essential's conference,  I knew that I wanted to implement an iPad class at our school.  Ipads had only been out for a few weeks and I got to see first hand what they could do.  Many attendees had them, and the educators seemed really excited about them.  I was so excited about the prospect of using these at Sherwood Middle.

There were many hurdles to cross before I could accomplish this.  My principal, Phyllis Crawford, was in full support of the implementation of iPads at our school.  As a 2009 US Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, our school is proud that technology integration is one of the keys to our success.

Our school bought an iPad with school funds to use at ISTE, where I attended the iPad class and got many great ideas about implementation and APPS.

Our district is a PC district.  Would they support our school implementing iPads?  Yes, they did.



Jesse Noble, Chief Technology Officer for EBRPSS attends our first class.  


No comments:

Post a Comment